REDDING, Calif. - A reported disturbance between neighbors Sunday morning escalated to the point of one neighbor being shot in the foot.
Around 9:30 a.m., Redding Police Officers responded to the 3500 block of Snavely Drive. On their way to the disturbance, they received reports of a single gunshot coming from the area.
On the scene, they found William H. Head, 43, of Redding nearby on Ward Lane. Head reported that he had been shot by someone living on Snavely Drive.
Officers contacted the other person involved in the dispute. This second subject told officers that Head physically assaulted him and brandished a knife. In an act of self-defense, the victim brandished a gun at Head.
Head slapped down at the victim's gun causing it to fire and shooting Head in the foot.
Head was taken to Mercy Medical Center for treatment and was later arrested and booked into Shasta County Jail for stalking, assault with a deadly weapon and making a terrorist threat.
- Updated Ten Commandments monument destroyed less than a day after its unveiling
- New ABC settles suit over what it had called 'pink slime'
- Updated Home destroyed by fire on Virginia Avenue in Oroville
- Updated Controlled burn planned in Palermo Wednesday morning
- Updated Couple wanted for beating restaurant owner, daughter over chicken