REDDING, Calif. - A Redding man was stabbed Tuesday night after trying to stop another man from stealing his bike from his yard.
Police got the call of a stabbing on Virgo Street around 9:13 p.m. Corporal Harris with the Redding Police Department says the 36-year-old victim heard a noise in his side yard, and went outside to investigate.
The victim saw a man, around 40-45 years old, stealing his bike. The victim confronted the unknown man, who then stabbed him twice with an unknown object. The suspect took off on the stolen bike.
The victim told police he did not get a good look at the weapon, and couldn't determine what it was. Medics at the scene determined the victim's wounds were not life-threatening, and he was taken to Mercy Medical Center for treatment.
The California Highway Patrol responded to the area with their helicopter. An area check for the suspect was conducted, but he was not found.
The suspect is described as an adult Hispanic man, between the ages of 40-45 years old. He was wearing dark colored clothing. If you know anything about this incident, call Redding Police at (530) 245-6550.
- Updated As gas prices drop, even Florida drivers are getting some relief
- Updated Cascade-Siskiyou Monument could be downsized
- Updated Chipotle's recovery hopes melt with 'gritty' queso
- Updated Ronde, Tiki Barber to call Giants-Buccaneers clash
- Updated A charity rented out Trump's childhood home and invited refugees