REDDING, Calif. - Redding police are looking for more information after a woman was raped near the Sacramento River Trail.
Officials said around 8:30 a.m. Saturday, they responded to the 2400 block of Washington Avenue for a report of an assault victim. When they got there, they found a woman and took her to the hospital.
At the hospital, police said the victim told them she was near the Sacramento River Trail near the Ribbon Bridge when a man assaulted and raped her.
The suspect is described as six feet tall with a stocky build, wearing a mask, blue hoodie, green army jacket, gray sweatpants and boots. Officials said the suspect left westbound on a dirt trail.
Police said officers, a K-9, deputies and a CHP helicopter searched the area but were unable to find the suspect.
They said the victim was treated for minor injuries and was released from the hospital.
Anyone with information is asked to call Redding Police at 530-225-4214.
- Updated Ten Commandments monument destroyed less than a day after its unveiling
- New ABC settles suit over what it had called 'pink slime'
- Updated Home destroyed by fire on Virginia Avenue in Oroville
- Updated Controlled burn planned in Palermo Wednesday morning
- Updated Couple wanted for beating restaurant owner, daughter over chicken