REDDING, Calif. - A City of Shasta Lake man convicted of 41 counts of lewd and lascivious acts with a child under 14 was sentenced Tuesday morning.
60-year-old Joseph Mancuso was sentenced 30 years in state prison. He pleaded guilty to the charges last year.
Diane Behling, Macuso's ex-wife, said it's unreal to look back and think she was married to him for 18 years.
They have been divorced for several years, but Behling and Mancuso had 3 kids together. Those children were not involved in this case.
When Behling first learned about the charges against Mancuso, she said she was in "absolute utter disbelief and disgust."
"It was unreal because he did come from such a good family," Behling said. "You don't expect that. It's devastating for children because they have to live with that for the rest of their life and even though those weren't my children, I feel very sorry for both of them."
Behling said Mancuso has had drug problems for most of his life but that she never imagined he would do something like this. She said he comes from a good family, with strong values.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney