REDDING, Calif. - A Redding Police Department patrol car was damaged during a chase with a suspect who fled a traffic stop.
It started just before 11:00 p.m. when officers tried to pull over a silver Ford Mustang.
The driver failed to yield and a pursuit ensued.
The chase came to an end near the intersection of Bechelli Lane and South Bonneyview Road, when the suspect dumped the car and took off on foot.
A helicopter was called in to aid in the search for the suspect.
As of midnight Friday, he had not been found.
During the chase, a patrol car hit a raised median, causing significant damage to the right front tire. The car had to be towed.
The two officers inside were not hurt. The CHP is investigating that portion of the incident.
- Updated NFL clears three more players in PEDs investigation
- Updated Kratom to join heroin, LSD on Schedule I drug list
- Updated Theranos withdraws Zika test from FDA approval
- Strawberries linked to hepatitis A outbreak in 6 states
- Clinton: Trump 'dropping in' on Mexico isn't what it takes to build alliances