JOHNSON PARK, Calif. - A Burney teenager is dead after police say he crashed into a tree on Highway 299E at Vallejo Street in Johnson Park.
It happened Just before 1 a.m. Saturday.
Investigators say the 17-year-old boy was driving a white Tahoe eastbound on 299E when the vehicle drifted onto the north shoulder, traveled down an embankment, and hit a tree.
He was taken to Mayers Memorial Hospital with major injuries, and later died.
His name has not been released.
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated Local student places 4th in weightlifting at world competition
- Updated Redding mayor accentuates the positives in annual address
- Updated Former Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres dead at 93
- New law protects good Samaritans saving animals from locked car