REDDING, Calif. - A three vehicle crash in Redding slowed traffic for nearly an hour Friday.
Redding Police received the report of the collision on Lake Boulevard, near St. Mark's Street around 10:45 a.m.
Police said a white SUV heading west on Lake Boulevard was attempting to make a left-hand turn into a private driveway but according to witnesses hesitated but went ahead and made the turn.
At the same time a white Dodge pickup was traveling east.
The driver attempted to swerve out of the way and ended up colliding with a white Toyota Tacoma pickup also traveling east.
The SUV also hit the Tacoma, sending it into a power pole.
One person was taken to the hospital for complaint of pain.
Alcohol or drugs do not appear to be a factor in the collision.
Police said the power pole will have to be replaced.
- Updated JetChico proposes terminal floor plan to new airport manager
- Updated Want a picture with Captain Kirk? That'll be $100
- Chico PD: Ordinance to combat public camping is working
- Sheriff's Office: 36,000 Mexican Drug Trafficking Org. marijuana plants seized
- Updated Weather Forecast: Slightly Cooler to Start the Weekend