REDDING, Calif. - The victim who was assaulted in Redding near Cypress Ave. and Civic Center Dr. has been identified as Christopher S. Avery. The police also have photos of three men they believe were witnesses to the incident.
Medics found Avery, 48, with life-threatening head injuries at about 6 a.m. on Monday and took him to Mercy Medical Center. An investigation revealed that an unknown suspect or suspects had violently bludgeoned the victim with an unknown object.
Police obtained surveillance footage from the Safeway on Pine St. in Redding and found three men who were seen with the victim. The three men are being sought as witnesses to the incident.
One man appears to be about 25 years old. He was captured on camera wearing a yellow shirt and black shorts with an upside down yellow "V" on each side.
Another man looked younger, about 18 years old, with curly brown hair.
The last person they saw on the surveillance footage looked to be in his 30s with brown hair and a mustache.
Shasta Secret Witness is offering up to $2,500 for information regarding the attack or any of the suspects.
Those with information can call Secret Witness anonymously at (530) 243-2319 or the Redding Police Dept. at (530) 225-4214.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Trump lifts ban on media outlets, at least for pool duty
- Updated NJ Gov. Christie vetoes $15 minimum wage
- Updated Cadillac exec spills company strategy ... in the comments section of a blog