BELLA VISTA, Calif. - A vegetation fire broke out around 1:00 pm on Sunday in Bella Vista.
0.6 acres burned between two houses off of Sonora Trail. Shasta County Fire, Cal Fire, and inmate crews from Sugar Pine helped contain the fire.
Crews on the ground contained the fire so quickly, the air attack plane that came out was sent back.
Crews were fighting the heat. The fire captain said the biggest challenge was the heat mixed with the wind. He said there had been several fires that started from the wind and heat combination on Sunday.
He advised people to stay inside.
No one was injured and surrounding houses were untouched. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Updated Ten Commandments monument destroyed less than a day after its unveiling
- New ABC settles suit over what it had called 'pink slime'
- Updated Home destroyed by fire on Virginia Avenue in Oroville
- Updated Controlled burn planned in Palermo Wednesday morning
- Updated Couple wanted for beating restaurant owner, daughter over chicken