OAK RUN, Calif. - The Shasta County Coroner's Office has confirmed the identity of the Redding woman killed in a motorcycle crash Saturday afternoon.
35-year-old Christy Burruss was the passenger, riding with her boyfriend 64-year-old Larry Moore along Highway 299 East near Oak Run when the accident happened.
The California Highway Patrol report states weather conditions were warm, clear and dry at the time of the accident.
Monday, skid marks and pieces of the bike remained littered on the side of the roadway.
CHP said it is still unknown how Moore, the driver, lost control around a curve in the roadway.
Both riders were thrown from the bike and they collided with two separate trees.
Burruss was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash by medical responders.
Moore was flown to Mercy Medical Center for major injuries including broken bones and internal injuries. As of Monday morning, Moore was listed in critical condition.
According to CHP, alcohol is not believed to be a factor in the deadly crash.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says