GAY CREEK, Calif. - Tehama CountyA man from French Camp, CA is in jail after agents found over $300,000 in drug money in his car. On January 14th, California Highway Patrol canine officers stopped a red Jeep Cherokee for traffic violations southbound Interstate 5 near Gay creek. The canines alerted the officers to a hidden compartment in the car.
The Tehama Interagency Drug Enforcement (TIDE) task force was called to take over the investigation from CHP. Ten large packages filled with money were discovered in the custom made compartment. Later, TIDE agents counted it. The amount was $300,040.00.
Juan Mendoza, 41 years old, was booked into the Tehama County Jail. He faces charges for use of a concealed compartment and possession of over $100,000 in drug proceeds.
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated Local student places 4th in weightlifting at world competition
- Updated Redding mayor accentuates the positives in annual address
- Updated Former Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres dead at 93
- New law protects good Samaritans saving animals from locked car