COTTONWOOD, Calif. - A fast moving grass fire in Cottonwood on Sunday quickly grew to three acres but fire crews were able to get it under control before it damaged nearby structures.
The fire broke shortly before 1 p.m. in the area of Gas Point Road and Moonbeam Lane.
Fire crews from Cottonwood, Anderson, Redding and CAL FIRE all responded to the scene as windy, dry and hot conditions fanned the blaze. Bulldozers were also sent to the scene but left when firefighters quickly got a handle on it.
Numerous structures in the area were threatened but were spared due to firefighting efforts. Fence lines on several properties were damaged.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- London attack: 2 remain in custody for questioning
- Updated US: Airstrikes hit ISIS in area where civilian deaths are alleged
- Officer-involved shooting investigation continues, I-5 closed
- Updated Pig-masked man among burglars to hit Bellagio jewelry store in Las Vegas
- Emboldened Democrats look ahead to next fight