RED BLUFF, Calif. - Five juveniles have been arrested in connection with the assault of a black female at the Red Bluff High School football field in June.
On June 29 at around 2:30 a.m., a group of males confronted a black female while she was walking across the Red Bluff High School football field.
They called her racial slurs, then hit her with a hammer, striking her head at least two times. She received a concussion as a result.
The incident was investigated by the Red Bluff Police Department, who initially arrested one juvenile. Then, the case was submitted to the Tehama County District Attorney's Bureau of Investigation which found the weapon used and was able to identify all the parties involved.
Five juveniles have been arrested but their names are being withheld as they are all minors.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Ryan Lochte to endorse crime prevention device
- Updated Chico State student says she was the victim of excessive force by police
- Updated Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'