COTTONWOOD, Calif. - Two men were shot in the head during what the Tehama County Sheriff's Office calls a dispute Thursday night.
Neighbors hearing multiple gunshots flooded 911 dispatchers with reports of "people shooting."
Sheriff's deputies along with officers from other agencies made their way to a home on Tabitha Court in Cottonwood where they found two men with gunshot injuries to the head. Their injuries were not life threatening and both were taken to the hospital.
Lieutenant Dave Greer with the Tehama County Sheriff's Office says it apparently started when a man riding a red tractor was confronted by another man who had allegedly come over with a shotgun and shot the man in the head. A third man heard the commotion and entered the confrontation. Lt. Greer says the evidence suggests the third man shot the first shooter with a handgun, defending the man on the tractor.
Lt. Greer says the person who they believe is responsible for the shooting has been taken into custody, though it's not clear which man was taken into custody.
No further information was available from the Tehama County Sheriff's Office.
- 'Time is of the essence,' UN official says after North Korea visit
- Shasta High School defeats Marin Catholic, heads to State Championship
- Woman killed in overnight single-vehicle crash on I-5
- One person dead after officer-involved shooting in Redding
- Weather Forecast: Chilly mornings and moderate afternoons