COTTONWOOD, Calif. - An early morning fire gutted a mobile home and sent one person to the hospital.
CAL FIRE / Tehama County Fire got a 911 call around 7:43 a.m. Saturday reporting a mobile home was up in flames in the 19000 block of Terry Road.
When they arrived they found the home fully-involved in fire.
The home was rented, but the homeowner and his family spoke with KRCR News Channel 7, saying a smoke detector alerted the people inside to the fire and likely saved their lives.
No one was badly hurt, but one person was transported to the hospital for an evaluation.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
The Red Cross is assisting those who were displaced.
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Kaine: Trump 'pushing' KKK values
- Updated Clinton subject of new Trump campaign apparel
- Updated Judge blocks UNC from enforcing 'bathroom bill' against 3 plaintiffs
- Updated Facebook ditches humans in favor of algorithms for trending news