CORNING, Calif. - The Corning Police Department is investigating the death of an infant boy they are calling suspicious.
According to police, an emergency room nurse at St. Elizabeth's called police to report the death of a 16-day-old baby boy at the hospital. Police responded and interviewed the parents, determining that statements made by the baby's parents were suspicious.
No arrests have been made, nor charges filed, but an autopsy will be performed to determine how the boy died.
The Tehama County District Attorney's Office and sheriff's office are assisting in the investigation.
- Updated NFL clears three more players in PEDs investigation
- Updated Kratom to join heroin, LSD on Schedule I drug list
- Updated Theranos withdraws Zika test from FDA approval
- Strawberries linked to hepatitis A outbreak in 6 states
- Clinton: Trump 'dropping in' on Mexico isn't what it takes to build alliances