The County of Tehama Air Pollution Control District and Shasta County's Air Quality Management District issued an air quality advisory on Friday stating that the air quality was in the unhealthy range.
The advisories said that active children and adults, and people with respiratory disease such as asthma, should limit prolonged outdoor exertion.
People in these categories should stay indoors and avoid intense physical activity in those areas where smoke levels are evident.
While people may experience different symptoms, the more sensitive you are, the greater the risk you may have of aggravated symptoms such as coughing, scratchy throat, watery and itchy eyes, or difficulty breathing.
All open burning is also prohibited during this period in Tehama County.
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Clinton subject of new Trump campaign apparel
- Updated Judge blocks UNC from enforcing 'bathroom bill' against 3 plaintiffs
- Updated Facebook ditches humans in favor of algorithms for trending news
- Calls grow for U.S. government to spend more