REDDING, Calif. -

Two dogs are dead after a fire tore through an Anderson home overnight.

The fire was reported at a home on the 1300 block of Aspen Drive just before 2:30 a.m.

Both the Anderson Fire Department and CAL FIRE responded.

Anderson Fire Chief Andy Nichols says that when crews arrived, they saw heavy flames bursting from the living room and the garage.

The garage was converted into what appeared to be two small bedrooms with no windows.

The limited access made fighting the fire even more difficult.

Two dogs, and one cat were killed in the blaze.

Redding Fire says the fire was started by a candle.