WEDNESDAY UPDATE: 7,993 acres burned in Clover Fire, 50% contained
As of Wednesday night the Clover Fire had burned 7,993 acres and was 50% contained. CAL FIRE said 111 structures have been destroyed and 13 have been damaged in the fire burning south of Redding in Shasta County.
Governor Jerry Brown has secured federal assistance to help state and local agencies fighting the fire.
Of the 111 buildings destroyed, 37 were residences and 74 were outbuildings.
KRCR staff members reported that multiple homes burned along Cloverdale Road, Gas Point Road and Small Farms Road. Sheriff Tom Bosenko told reporters several homes burned on Small Farms Drive.
- Cloverdale @ Placer
- Gas Point @ Clearcreek
- Clearcreek @ Honeybee
- Cloverdale @ Heavenly
- Gas Point @ Happy Valley
EVACUATIONS: Residents have been advised to evacuate from the following areas:
- Clear Creek Road and Cloverdale Road
- Everything southwest to Gas Point Road and Small Farms and Marsha Way
- Small Farms track south to Black Pine Road
- Cloverdale from Clear Creek to Oak
- Oak to Palm
There is an evacuation center at The Igo Community Church at 6287 Placer Street, Igo, and animal evacuations can be taken to the Shasta District Fairgrounds in Anderson.
CAL FIRE, Shasta County Sheriff’s Department, Shasta County Public Works and PG&E are working diligently to eliminate hazards within the fires perimeter to re-populate evacuees.
Firefighters continued to work throughout the night and into Wednesday strengthening controls lines and mopping up hot spots around the fire perimeter. A Damage Inspection Team will continue to assess the properties Wednesday in the affected communities.
|Total Fire Personnel:||1,346|
|Total Fire Engines:||146|
|Total Fire crews:||39|
|Total Water Tenders:||24|
Red Cross is taking financial donations. If you are interested in making a monetary donation, please visit their website: http://www.redcross.org
Haven Humane Society is seeking donations of pet food and livestock feed that is available to the victims of the Clover Fire. Anyone who needs pet food or livestock feed should contact Animal Regulations at 241-2550. Donations should be brought to Haven Humane at 7449 Eastside Road in Redding.
Places taking animals:
- People with large or small animals can call 276-9364 to reach the ResQ Animal Coalition. They have space for everything from llamas to birds to cats and dogs.
- You can also call the Anderson Veterinary Clinic, which is taking in small animals such as cats, dogs, birds and exotic animals.
- The Redding Rodeo is taking livestock and other animals
- Some locals posted an ad on Craigslist offering to help transport horses via trailer.
- Haven Humane is offering their help. You can reach them at 241-1653.
- The CARE Animal Hospital is also taking animals. You can call them by dialing 244-CATS.
- Debbie Silva also volunteered to take large animals. You can call her at 547-3816.
- Linda at Safe Haven Horse Rescue will help with large animals and chickens. 3950 West Anderson Road, 347-4941
- The Lunch Bunch wants to help the FIRE VICTIMS. They are taking donations. Needed for children: Stuffed animals, coloring book, crayons, clothes, shoes, socks, hygiene products. For adults: Clothes, shoes, socks, blankets, quilts, pillows, hygiene products, women's feminine products,can goods, make-up, and cologne or perfume. Contact Fusion Pit in the Anderson Outlets (Mariann) will be taking donations. Also Call Becky Barnes at 365.3393 or (Sherry) 364-2385 or you can bring your donations to 19964 Riverside Ave in El Rio Estates in Anderson.
- Accepting Donations for the Clover Fire at the US Army Recruiting Station 1310 Churn Creek Sweet E-1 Please donate: Clothes and Toys if possible.
- Haven Humane Society is seeking donations of pet food and livestock feed that is available to the victims of the Clover Fire. Anyone who needs pet food or livestock feed should contact Animal Regulations at 241-2550. Donations should be brought to Haven Humane at 7449 Eastside Road in Redding.
Stay with KRCR News Channel 7 for more updates.
Copyright 2013 by KRCRTV.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.