JUNCTION CITY, Calif. - A Trinity County man is facing burglary and arson charges after deputies said he dropped a torch in a home he had broken into.
Dalton Mock, 21, was arrested in Junction City Sunday after deputies spotted him sitting near a burning trailer.
The fire was reported at about 1:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon on Rifle Range Road.
Deputies said Mock told them another man had shown him the trailer, and Mock began looking inside the trailer. Because of the darkness, Mock filled a bowl with rubbing alcohol to use as a torch. He then reportedly dropped it, setting the trailer on fire.
Mock was arrested on charges of burglary, arson, and petty theft.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Lochte's presence is desired by Brazilian authorities
- Updated Heroin seizure a 'substantial' dent in opioid epidemic
- Updated Jimmy Carter, rebuilding after cancer