An Orland man was arrested Tuesday afternoon after witnesses tried to stop him from driving after he drove his car into a ditch.
20-year-old Diego Javier Alcantara-Sanchez was driving his 1995 Honda Civic southbound on Highway 99W in Orland near the intersection with County Road 20. Alcantara-Sanchez allegedly hit a stop sign at the southwest corner of the intersection, and rolled his vehicle into a ditch.
Witnesses at the scene helped him by pulling his car out of the ditch, but he kept driving and eventually ended up in the parking lot of a nearby barn where witnesses confronted the driver until police arrived.
Officers from the California Highway Patrol, Orland Police Department and the Glenn County Sherriff's Office responded to the parking lot after reports of Alcantara-Sanchez acting aggressive following the collision.
He was arrested and booked into Glenn County Jail on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says