ORLAND, Calif. - A man was seriously burned while putting diesel fuel into a tank. The incident happened around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday in Glenn County.
The victim's family said 45-year-old James Lindell suffered 3rd degree burns to his face and arm.
Lindell had been working on an agricultural well on County Road 9, near Lake Elementary School in Orland.
The Glenn County Sheriff's Office said when he opened the tank, the built-up pressure forced super-heated diesel out of the tank and onto him. He was taken by helicopter to U.C. Davis Medical Center.
Stay with KRCR News Channel 7 for updates.
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated AP: Brazilian police charge Lochte with filing false report
- Updated Weather Forecast: Cooler Inland With Continued Fog Along The Coast
- Updated Weather Forecast: Cooler Next Week
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Men have 'gotta get over' their issues with equal pay