ORLAND, Calif. - A man was seriously burned while putting diesel fuel into a tank. The incident happened around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday in Glenn County.
The victim's family said 45-year-old James Lindell suffered 3rd degree burns to his face and arm.
Lindell had been working on an agricultural well on County Road 9, near Lake Elementary School in Orland.
The Glenn County Sheriff's Office said when he opened the tank, the built-up pressure forced super-heated diesel out of the tank and onto him. He was taken by helicopter to U.C. Davis Medical Center.
Stay with KRCR News Channel 7 for updates.
- Suspect identified in Modoc deputy killing
- Updated Trump's advice in 2007 book: 'Accept blame' for 'painful defeats'
- Updated Can Trump, Clinton put aside acrimony at charity dinner?
- Updated About 70 million watch final presidential debate
- McCain to Trump: 'A concession isn't just an exercise in graciousness - it is an act of respect'