RED BLUFF, Calif. - A Red Bluff man is in the hospital after police say he was hit by a train. It happened just before 3 a.m. Tuesday at the tracks near Willow and Oak Streets.
The engineer on an Amtrak train reported a man sleeping near the tracks. Derek Coltrain, 25, was hit by a passing train and suffered major injuries.
He was flown to Enloe Medical Center in Chico where he is listed in critical condition with life-threatening injuries.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- New Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Updated A Red Bluff man is in the hospital with West Nile
- Updated Cameras along Chico State bike path installed to crack down on crime