WILLOWS, Calif. - A man who was forced to make a crash landing of the helicopter he was piloting Tuesday afternoon just west of Willows was able to walk away from the incident.
The crash was reported around 1:15 p.m. in an almond orchard off of Highway 162 near County Road D.
The unidentified pilot, who flies for JP Helicopters out of Red Bluff, was on his way to perform contract work for PG&E in Glenn County at the time of the crash.
According to JP Helicopters, he was "doing well" afterward.
Nearby PG&E workers who were in contact with the pilot rushed to the scene after hearing about the incident.
A cause for the crash has not been determined.
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated Local student places 4th in weightlifting at world competition
- Updated Redding mayor accentuates the positives in annual address
- Updated Former Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres dead at 93
- New law protects good Samaritans saving animals from locked car