WILLOWS, Calif. - A man who was forced to make a crash landing of the helicopter he was piloting Tuesday afternoon just west of Willows was able to walk away from the incident.
The crash was reported around 1:15 p.m. in an almond orchard off of Highway 162 near County Road D.
The unidentified pilot, who flies for JP Helicopters out of Red Bluff, was on his way to perform contract work for PG&E in Glenn County at the time of the crash.
According to JP Helicopters, he was "doing well" afterward.
Nearby PG&E workers who were in contact with the pilot rushed to the scene after hearing about the incident.
A cause for the crash has not been determined.
- Updated Police fatality report: Car accidents among top cause of death
- Updated White House invites Trump, Clinton reps for transition meetings
- RB Junion Spartans will have concussion testing Saturday
- JetChico proposes terminal floor plan to new airport manager
- Want a picture with Captain Kirk? That'll be $100