PALERMO, Calif. - An Oroville man died after a fight at a party in Palermo. Juan Carlos Navarro, 22 of Oroville, was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The incident happened around 12:30 a.m. Saturday. The Butte County Sheriff's Office received several 911 calls from the 2600 block of Craig Avenue in Palermo. Witnesses reported a man injured in a physical altercation with a group of individuals.
Deputies arrived on scene and discovered that the victim had sustained a life threatening injury. Deputies conducted CPR and the victim was transported to a local hospital by medical personnel. The victim did not survive.
Deputies learned that Navarro was at a party with a group of individuals. Another group of individuals arrived at the party. A fight occurred which resulted in the death of Navarro.
Investigators are not revealing the manner of Navarro's death.
Detectives from the Butte County Sheriff's Office Felony Investigations Unit responded to the scene and took over the investigation.
This case is under investigation and anyone with information is asked to contact the Butte County Sheriff's Office at 538-7321.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Trump lifts ban on media outlets, at least for pool duty
- Updated NJ Gov. Christie vetoes $15 minimum wage
- Updated Cadillac exec spills company strategy ... in the comments section of a blog