REDDING, Calif. - One man underwent emergency surgery after a fight and stabbing at a Redding bar.
Police tracked down the suspect a few minutes later.
Redding Police said several people were in a fight at Bombay's on California Street around 1:20 a.m. Thursday.
One man pulled a knife and stabbed the victim, 29-year-old Todd Brown four times in the torso. Brown told police he had been trying to break up the fight when he was stabbed.
Dispatchers broadcasted the description of a vehicle seen leaving the scene. The suspect vehicle was described as a gold Cadillac Escalade.
The vehicle was located a short time later at the AM-PM market on Buenaventura Boulevard. Police found the suspect, 20-year-old Martin Chavez. He was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Updated Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- Updated John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney