CASTELLA, Calif. - A Washington state man is dead after officers say he crashed his car when they tried to stop him.
The driver was spotted by CHP on southbound Interstate 5 Wednesday afternoon. He had reportedly told officials in Washington he was possibly suicidal.
Investigators said the man was wanted on a felony desertion warrant. Officers said when they tried to make a stop, the driver overturned his car just south of the Sweetbrier Avenue overpass. The crash was an apparent suicide.
Southbound traffic is reduced to one lane as officials investigate the incident.
- Updated Thursday, June 29th Forecast: Warming trend continues into the weekend
- Modi to become first Indian Prime Minister to visit Israel
- Updated Communities evacuated as wildfires torch 2 states
- Local heroes honored during centennial celebration
- New Redding ordinance makes it easier to cite trespassers