An Oroville man convicted of beating his girlfriend to death was sentenced to life in prison Wednesday.
Olabaku Jones was found guilty of second-degree murder August 6. Jones beat his pregnant girlfriend, Abby Tucker, to death in their Oroville home in June of 2103. Jones claimed Tucker had a seizure and fell in the shower.
Jones was sentenced to life in prison by a Butte County judge. Jones will not be eligible for parole until 2052.
According to Butte County District Attorney Mike Ramsey, Jones was under high-security supervision because he had been disruptive in the jail.
Jones claimed during sentencing that he had not been properly represented by his legal counsel.
- Updated 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in blackface
- Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket