REDDING, Calif. - Firefighters are starting to get the upper hand on a series of lightning fires in Modoc National Forest.
The Modoc July Complex is made up of about 20 fires that have burned 1,680 acres.
The largest of the fires is the Dalton Fire which has burned 1,200 acres near Dalton Reservoir northwest of Alturas. It is 70% contained.
The Dobie Fire, located west of the Dalton Fire, is approximately 450 acres and 40% contained.
No structures are threatened by the complex.
A red flag warning has been issued for the area on Friday.
- Defective Takata air bag blamed for 11th death
- Updated Murder victim's family believes he was setup by girlfriend
- Updated Trump to make 'closing argument,' lay out plan for first 100 days
- Updated The Clinton Foundation's gender pay gap worried campaign
- Law enforcement mourning loss of Deputy Hopkins