REDDING, Calif. - Firefighters were called to the Shasta County District Attorney's office in Redding early Tuesday after someone threw a Molotov cocktail through the window.
Crews were called just before 3 a.m. to a report of the sprinklers going off at the District Attorney's office at 1355 West Street.
The fire investigator told KRCR News Channel someone threw a rock to break the window, then lobbed a Molotov cocktail inside starting a small fire. A Molotov cocktail is an incendiary device typically consisting of a bottle filled with flammable liquid.
The sprinklers extinguished the fire before it could spread. The office where the window was broken belongs to Deborah Heide of the Crime Victim's Assistance Center. There is some water damage inside the office after sprinklers went off.
Stay with KRCR News Channel 7 for updates on the investigation.
- Updated 20 of America's most beautiful hotels
- Updated Tim Kaine describes 'very emotional moment' of Hillary Clinton's DNC speech
- Updated Suspect in killing of Ohio student had hidden room with freezer, police say
- Spring slump: U.S. economy only grows 1.2%
- Has Clinton's convention message resonated with the party?