REDDING, Calif. - Two Shasta County women are arrested after a standoff with police at a Redding hotel.
Crystal McClane, 31 of Anderson and Kimberlee Ann Maria, 28, of Redding were both wanted on outstanding felony warrants. McClane was on Shasta County's Most Wanted list on June 7.
The women were taken into custody Tuesday night at the Oxford Suites on Hilltop Drive.
Redding Police said they made contact with the two women around 6:15 p.m. at one of the hotel rooms. Maria allegedly looked out the window at investigators and waved, but refused to open the door and surrender to officers.
After multiple warnings from police and about an hour standoff officers burst inside. Police said they used a battering ram to open the door and released the K9 Chyr inside. Maria was detained by the K9 and both women were checked out at the hospital before being taken to jail.
Police said neither suspect had any weapons on them but that both have a history of illegal firearm use.
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Republicans outraged over reported delay of Clinton meeting schedules
- Rescuing the furry victims of Louisiana's flooding
- MTV VMAs 2016: 5 reasons to watch
- Redding Fire reminds people to register cell phones for emergency notifications