CHICO, Calif. - The mother who left her two young daughters in a home alone which later caught fire, was in court today being tried with felony child endangerment.
It was revealed in court that the mother, 38-year-old Rebecca Moralez, may have been a part-time worker at a Butte County childcare services center. We are working to confirm more details on her employment history.
It was revealed in court that the mother, 38-year-old Rebecca Moralez, may have been a part-time worker at a Butte County childcare services center.
If convicted, Moralez could face up to six years in prison for leaving her eight and nine-year-old daughters in a home at night.
In court, the prosecution claimed that Moralez had substance abuse issues with methamphetamine, 'crank' and alcohol. They also said that she had been clean for eight years but she may have been under the influence of drugs when police contacted her on Friday.
The preliminary hearing is set for Apr. 10 and bail is currently set at $100,000.
- London attack: 2 remain in custody for questioning
- Updated US: Airstrikes hit ISIS in area where civilian deaths are alleged
- Officer-involved shooting investigation continues, I-5 closed
- Updated Pig-masked man among burglars to hit Bellagio jewelry store in Las Vegas
- Emboldened Democrats look ahead to next fight