OROVILLE, Calif. - A motorcyclist is in custody this morning after leading deputies on a chase in Butte County. It started Wednesday night near Oroville just before 8 p.m..
Deputies tried to pull over 39-year-old Vernon Childers of Oroville around Canyon Highlands Drive and Oro Quincy Highway.
Deputies said Childers took off leading them on a four mile chase that ended in the Gold Country Casino parking lot. That's where Childers left the motorcycle and ran.
Deputies captured Childers. He was arrested on charges of felony evading, driving on a suspended license and resisting a peace officer.
- Updated Evacuations ordered due to fire burning in Hawkinsville and Yreka
- Updated Soaring costs of EpiPens have victims of allergies worried
- Updated Orlando hospitals won't bill survivors of Pulse nightclub shooting
- Updated 12 killed in Kabul university attack
- Heroin laced with elephant tranquilizer hits the streets