OROVILLE Calif. - A Magalia man was taken to the hospital with major injuries after he hit by a pickup truck while riding his motorcycle.
The collision happened in Oroville around 9:45 a.m. Monday at the on-ramp to northbound Highway 70 at Garden Drive.
The CHP said the driver of the truck ran a stop sign and struck the motorcyclist.
The driver of the truck was identified as 75-year-old Ronald Graves. The injured man on the motorcycle was 56-year-old Jeffery Simmons from Magalia.
The motorcycle was wedged beneath the pickup truck.
Simmons was taken to Enloe Medical Center, and he's listed in critical condition.
- 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Northstate Sheriffs fighting uphill battle against gun proposition
- Updated Law enforcement urges drivers to use caution with kids back in school