GERBER, Calif. - A motorcyclist killed on Highway 99w in Gerber has been identified as 38-year-old Froilan Frias, Jr.
Following an investigation, CHP said that Frias was going north on the highway on Thursday afternoon when a flatbed truck pulled out in front of him.
Frias fell off of the motorcycle and was run over.
According to officers, the truck driver, Jordan Erickson of Elk Grove, was not impaired or distracted at the time.
No word yet on whether charges have been filed.
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Clinton subject of new Trump campaign apparel
- Updated Judge blocks UNC from enforcing 'bathroom bill' against 3 plaintiffs
- Updated Facebook ditches humans in favor of algorithms for trending news
- Calls grow for U.S. government to spend more