CITY OF SHASTA LAKE, Calif. - A new cultural resource center dedicated to the Native American Wintu tribe is opening up.
The ribbon cutting ceremony for the Center on Shasta Lake Boulevard is on Sat., Sept. 21st, 2013.
It's been a long wait; the tribe and city started the grant writing process to pay for the center in 2007.
The beautiful building has artifacts, and a gift shop featuring items made by Native American artists.
Director Kenwa Kravits says there is definitely a spiritual element to the museum, and that it's an answer to her ancestor's prayers.
- Updated Defendants in Redding homicide case ordered to stand trial
- Updated Stephen Hawking's thesis crashes Cambridge University's website
- Updated Puerto Rico wants Amazon's second headquarters, too
- Updated Weather Forecast: Well Above Normal Highs Continue
- Updated Caltrans: Nearly $3.4 billion in transportation projects to be accelerated