A surveillance camera in a South Florida elevator captured a woman repeatedly kicking her small dog, the Miami Herald reported.
The video, taken on Sept. 20, shows the woman cornering and kicking the puppy, a Shih-Tzu named Chastity, after taking it out for a walk.
Police arrested Keevonna Wilson, 24, a week later and charged her with animal cruelty, the paper said. She posted $5,000 bond Sept. 28.
Miami-Dade Animal Services removed the 10-pound dog, the Herald said. Veterinary examination notes said Chastity was frightened but was “friendly and easy to examine.”
The vet found “contusions bilaterally in abdominal area, contusions bilaterally in pinnae, pain upon palpation of lumbar spine and abdomen,” the paper said.
- Updated More than 100 students out sick after norovirus outbreak hits Eureka
- Updated Republicans prepare to release their final tax bill
- Manafort gets $10 million bail, can travel to Florida
- Small dog survives coyote attack caught on camera
- Wanted felon arrested in Loleta by Humboldt County SWAT team