REDDING, Calif. - PG and E crews were called to the Twin View Terrace mobile home park in Redding Monday at 5 p.m. for a natural gas leak.
About twenty residents who lived near the source of the leak were forced to evacuate. After the leak was reported, the park's management shut off the master meter which cut off gas to more than 130 homes.
Officials with PG and E say the the leak was caused by a loose bolt on the regulator head. PG and E crews repaired and tested the site around 9:30 p.m. Monday. Each home needed to be individually turned on by the mobile home's management.
PG and E is now investigating why the bolt came loose from the regulator.