REDDING, Calif. - One suspect is in custody and another remains at large after agents raided a pair of Shasta County marijuana gardens Tuesday.
Agents with the Sheriff's Marijuana Investigative Team and the California Department of Fish and Game conducted searches at two locations on Fiddler's Road in Ono.
When agents arrived, two men ran away. One of them was caught and identified as Gerardo Peralta-Suarez, 25, of Mexico. The other suspect got away. Agents say Peralta-Suarez was in the country illegally.
Agents say they found and destroyed 445 marijuana plants on the properties.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Southwest pilots reach tentative deal with airline after 4 years of talks
- Updated Hershey crashes 11% after chocolate merger talks end
- Updated Chicago, aka 'Chi-raq' likely to top 2015 in number of shootings