CHICO, Calif. - Chico Police said there is no indication of foul play involving the body of a woman found in Bidwell Park.
The woman, in her 50s, has been identified but her name has not been released as authorities work to notify next of kin.
The body was found by a passerby near the path that leads from the main road into Lower Bidwell Park to Annie's Glenn and the downtown area and reported to police at 8:28 a.m. Thursday.
It's in the area of known transient camps.
According to Chico Police Lt. Dave Britt, the body was in the creek bed along Big Chico Creek across from the CARD (Chico Area Park and Recreation District) Center.
Police taped off the area for nearly three hours.
An autopsy will be done to determine a cause of death.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Scared seal hides on boat from killer whales
- Non-profit organization Food for People continues programs to feed children year-around
- Calfire determines cause of Tully Fire