CHICO, Calif. - Redding and Chico are only 70 miles apart but sometimes they might as well be in different states.
When the Packers won the Super Bowl led by Pleasant Valley High School graduate Aaron Rodgers, Chico went crazy. Redding, a collective yawn.
In Chico, Rodgers jerseys were completely sold out and in Redding, there were racks of them virtually untouched.
When Redding local Megan Rapinoe won the gold medal today, most Chico residents didn't even know who she was.
Chicoans say it's just the fact Rapinoe is not from their city.
- Updated North Korea carries out 'large-scale' artillery drill, South Korea says
- Updated Woman who says she knows suspect in HSU murder speaks out
- Warriors rout Trail Blazers to complete series sweep
- Fresno hate crime suspect describes anger toward white men
- Rain hurts turn out at Palo Cedro Show and Shine