CHICO, Calif. - Redding and Chico are only 70 miles apart but sometimes they might as well be in different states.
When the Packers won the Super Bowl led by Pleasant Valley High School graduate Aaron Rodgers, Chico went crazy. Redding, a collective yawn.
In Chico, Rodgers jerseys were completely sold out and in Redding, there were racks of them virtually untouched.
When Redding local Megan Rapinoe won the gold medal today, most Chico residents didn't even know who she was.
Chicoans say it's just the fact Rapinoe is not from their city.
- Updated Home destroyed by fire on Virginia Avenue in Oroville
- Updated Controlled burn planned in Palermo Wednesday morning
- Updated Couple wanted for beating restaurant owner, daughter over chicken
- Updated Knicks cut ties with Phil Jackson after 3 years
- Yes, you can actually get a live lobster through airport security