REDDING, Calif. - The focus of Saturday's celebration in the Northstate was, "From the White House to Whiskeytown."
It was exactly 50-years ago that President John F. Kennedy spoke at the dedication of Whiskeytown Dam.
After an early morning celebration, Saturday's festivities continued at the David Marr Auditorium in Redding.
There were guest speakers, presentations, and various discussion topics. Much of it focused on President Kennedy's National Conservation Tour in 1963.
Those in attendance got to see some rare artifacts on display in the auditorium hallways.
- Clinton, Trump hours away from historic debate battle
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated Reid signals possible solution to funding stalemate
- Updated Chico State Black faculty and staff stay home to bring attention to "continued injustices"
- Updated Stein escorted off Hofstra University campus