The Eiler fire grew to nearly 23,000 acres over night Sunday. The U.S. Forest Service said the fire was 7,000 acres Saturday night then Sunday morning the fire was reported at 22,788 acres with zero containment.
The Eiler fire is burning just five miles from the town of Burney prompting officials to advise the residents of the town to prepare for evacuations should firefighters not be able to hold the line.
The Bald Fire, also burning in Eastern Shasta County near the town of Fall River Mills, was reported to be almost 39,000 acres in size Sunday morning. This fire is only five percent contained.
The Day Fire, which is burning northeast from Fall River Mills near the community of Day, has now reached 12,850 acres and is 25 percent contained.
- London attack: 2 remain in custody for questioning
- Updated US: Airstrikes hit ISIS in area where civilian deaths are alleged
- Officer-involved shooting investigation continues, I-5 closed
- Updated Pig-masked man among burglars to hit Bellagio jewelry store in Las Vegas
- Emboldened Democrats look ahead to next fight