The Eiler Fire burning in the Thousand Lakes Wilderness four miles south of Burney is currently covering 25,900 acres and is zero percent contained. Mandatory evacuations have been ordered for Hat Creek, Cassel, Big Eddy Estates and Johnson Park. The town of Burney is under an advisory evacuation order.
Road Closures include: Highway 89 from Highway 44 to Highway 299 and Highway 299 to Black Ranch Road. All roads inside this area.
The Bald Fire is burning near Fall River Mills and is covering 39,850 acres and is 20 percent contained.
The Day fire, burning in southwest Modoc County, has burned 12,975 acres. It is 55% contained, and all evacuations have been lifted. The fire destroyed 5 homes and one outbuilding.
The Coffee Fire in Trinity County has burned 4,487 acres in the Trinity Alps Wilderness. Officials say it is 5% contained as of Monday morning. There are no evacuations, but the U.S. Forest Service is asking people to stay away from the trail systems in the area.
The Beaver Fire in Siskiyou County grew to 10,516 by early Monday morning. Officials with the U.S. Forest Service report it is 2% contained. The fire is in the Klamath National Forest, north of Highway 96 near the Klamath river.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Trump lifts ban on media outlets, at least for pool duty
- Updated NJ Gov. Christie vetoes $15 minimum wage
- Updated Cadillac exec spills company strategy ... in the comments section of a blog