REDDING, Calif. - Police in Redding are looking for a suspect who shot at a car, hitting one of the people inside.
It happened around 1 a.m. Tuesday on Churn Creek Road near Cypress Avenue in Redding.
Four people were in a Honda Accord driving on Churn Creek Road. The vehicle was about to turn onto Cypress Avenue when someone on the sidewalk fired several shots at their car.
Jessica Newman, 19, was sitting in the back seat and was hit in the back with one of the bullets
The other people in the Honda were Courtney Watkins, 18, William Nichols, 19, and Cory Herzberg, 19, all of Redding. They were not injured. They told police they were simply making the turn when the suspect randomly open fired at their vehicle.
The suspect is described as a white man wearing black cargo shorts and a dark grey shirt, with a black ball cap worn backwards.
He is considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information should contact Redding Police.
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Republicans outraged over reported delay of Clinton meeting schedules
- Rescuing the furry victims of Louisiana's flooding
- MTV VMAs 2016: 5 reasons to watch
- Redding Fire reminds people to register cell phones for emergency notifications