CORNING, Calif. - A Washington State man was killed when he was hit by a pickup on northbound Interstate 5 in Tehama County.
It happened just after 8:00 p.m. Thursday night on the south side of Corning.
CHP investigators say 28-year-old Shane Robertson of Federal Way, Wash. had been drinking while riding in the back of a motor home driven by his girlfriend.
She pulled off the road just south of Liberal Ave. near Corning.
Robertson then got out of the motor home and ran across the freeway when he was hit by a Chevrolet pickup.
Officers say he was thrown 20 feet by the impact.
The northbound lanes of Interstate 5 were closed for 90 minutes while officers investigated.
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Kaine: Trump 'pushing' KKK values
- Updated Clinton subject of new Trump campaign apparel
- Updated Judge blocks UNC from enforcing 'bathroom bill' against 3 plaintiffs
- Updated Facebook ditches humans in favor of algorithms for trending news