CHICO, Calif. - Chico Police are looking for a hit and run driver who struck a pedestrian on the Esplanade. The collision happened Friday night at 7:41 p.m. at Esplanade and Menlo Way.
The victim, described as a 56-year-old Chico man, told police he was walking northbound on the Esplanade through the intersection at Menlo Way when he was struck by a vehicle traveling eastbound on Menlo Way.
The victim was knocked to the ground and suffered a compound fracture to his left leg. He was taken to the hospital and is expected to make a full recovery.
The driver left the scene. The vehicle is described as a white or tan, small compact sedan. If you have information call Chico Police at 897-4900.
- Updated Long commute could hurt your health, add to your waistline
- 1 out of 5 firefighters have PTSD
- Lack of phone service leads to struggles for Weitchpec Fire
- Updated 6.2 quake hits Italy; buildings collapse in Amatrice
- Updated Red Bluff Joint Union High School District puts $26 million bond on ballot