REDDING, Calif. - Two armed robbery suspects are caught in Redding after allegedly threatening to kill the victim over a video game.
Redding Police said the incident happened Tuesday afternoon at an apartment complex at 1114 Orange Ave. The suspects were caught Friday.
The victim told police he gave 21-year-old Marcus Hodges a ride to the apartment. When they arrived, 27-year-old Antonio Goodwin allegedly confronted the victim with a black handgun.
Redding Police said Goodwin accused the victim of stealing an Xbox gaming system and threatened to shoot him to death. He allegedly stole the victim's cash, car keys, and left the scene. The police investigation revealed Hodges helped Goodwin to rob the victim.
Officers arrested Goodwin and Hodges back at the complex Friday.
Goodwin was allegedly found with heroin, pills, and the victim's ID card. He was also out on bond from a December drug and weapons arrest.
The two were booked into the Shasta County Jail for robbery, among other charges.
- Updated Evacuations ordered due to fire burning in Hawkinsville and Yreka
- Updated Soaring costs of EpiPens have victims of allergies worried
- Updated Orlando hospitals won't bill survivors of Pulse nightclub shooting
- Updated 12 killed in Kabul university attack
- Heroin laced with elephant tranquilizer hits the streets