Chico police have released new information about the victims of two separate shootings that sent at least three people to the hospital.
The first shooting was around 3 a.m. Saturday. Police got a call about gunshots near W. Sacramento Avenue and Columbus Avenue. They could not find a victim, but just before 3:30 a.m., they got a call about a man in the hospital with a single gunshot wound.
Police said Tuesday that victim is a 25-year-old man from Chico. They are not releasing his name.
The victim said he was shot without reason by a vehicle driving past him.
The second shooting was Sunday just before 2 a.m. Police said Tuesday they discovered there were four victims in the vehicle, not two as originally reported. None of their names were released, but police say they include an 18-year-old woman, an 18-year-old man, and a 28-year-old man from Chico. The fourth victim was a 19-year old man from Lancaster,
The said they were in a car on the 700 block of E. 16th Street when gunshots were fired into their car.
Police are still investigating both of these cases and did not indicate if they were connected. Anyone with information should contact the Chico Police Department at 897-4911.
- Updated Pig-masked man among burglars to hit Bellagio jewelry store in Las Vegas
- London attack: 2 remain in custody for questioning
- Updated Officer-involved shooting investigation continues, I-5 closed
- Updated Emboldened Democrats look ahead to next fight
- Worried about companies spying on your browsing? Here's what you can do