ANDERSON, Calif. - Police arrested a man in Anderson, after he allegedly tried to break into a home by throwing himself into the door at least 50 times.
In a news release police said 36-year-old Charles Durand of Anderson tried to break into a home in the 2600 block of Ganyon Drive just after 10 p.m. Monday.
The homeowner said he had to brace himself against the door to keep Durand from getting in. The homeowner also armed himself with a handgun.
Police responded and an officer arrested Durand after a short struggle. Police said Durand confessed to taking a gram of methamphetamine before the attempted break-in.
Durand was booked into the Shasta County Jail.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney